Friday, December 4, 2009

Greetings and Salutations.

The time is flying and its weird to think about things about how things are progressing outside what is now my bubble of life which is Asunción.

My bro Lucas had his 1st grade promotion on Wednesday. (They end the school year in November and they'll start back up in February) It was an event. Music, awards, costumes, lights, three lions and lots of food. It was a different in a lot of ways, but it brought back a lot of memories. The excited buzz during the presenting of awards, the restlessness of students ready for the liberation that comes with summer. As I left I heard a girl say, "por fin, somos libre!" ("finally, we're free!") as they scampered across the wet grass for food and drink. It made me happy.

Yesterday, Decisiones had it's end of the year party at La Parque de la Familia (The Family Park... yeah, I think it sounds cooler in Spanish too) that lasted all day. They know how to party. But it was full of lots of exciting stuff like asado, futbol, swimming, volleyball, ice cream, presents. I got this neat leather-bound daily planner that makes me look a lot more professional. Mainly it was great to just hang out with my co-workers outside the work setting. We have fun at work, joke around, make coffee, go to Burger King for lunch (ok, that was just once. and it was weird. I could probably write a whole blog entry about that.). But yeah, it was definitely different outside the work setting, with everyone's families, and everyone in the mood to party. And I got pushed into the pool. Fully clothed. Maybe it was some sort of initiation. Romina... shoot. Everyone that I work with is a lot of fun. I'm blessed by this.

I bought a map of Asunción the other day. This was a big get for me. I've done some exploring, but it kinda feels like my daily activities keep me in a small part of the city. So let this be a warning to Asunción, here I come this weekend.

Oh, No Shave November Fail.  I guess I didn't shave, so success.  But this and only this is the fruit of 30 days.



Here is my backyard. It is also where I sleep.                 No, that's just my fort.

This is where I work
 
And this is me, full of Christmas Spirit

I hope this gives you a picture, pun unintended... really, of what my life looks like.  And this way you don't have to click on another link.

dp

3 comments:

  1. hey beard-face. where is the beard? you can probably borrow some of Tim's if you want.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. becca, ashley, and i just got done giggling at your pictures. you're so full of christmas spirit, daniel penner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah have Tim send some through the mail to glue on...my aunts use to call me "peach fuzz". Enjoy your trip to Argentina.

    ReplyDelete